Last Monday evening saw the 2016/17 Supporters Club A G M at the Venue. A well attended meeting saw the committee report on a highly successful year. Main highlights were:
• Meeting the ambitious criteria of – Reaching our £30,000 Floodlight Appeal target- plus covering the movement and refurbishing costs of the new cabin.
• Opening the new cabin – named the Rose Adams room.
• A review of the year – the ups and downs.
• The meeting heard that the Supporters Club had raised a total of around £48,000 on projects for the club since it’s conception.
• The committee thanked everyone for their support in achieving these aims ranging from the pensioners who regularly contribute a small sum almost every week to the generous donations from other members. The committee also thanked everyone from the community who has supported our events. Similarly all those local companies who have supported us. Without this support the ambitious targets would not have been met.
• The committee have set future project meetings with the Board starting in July.
• Additional benefits are being reviewed for members, together with ambitious upgrades within the cabin and online. Details will be announced once further discussion has taken place.
• Additional volunteers would be welcome to either join the committee or assist with IT developments.
• Derek Graham updated the meeting on the squad.
• The committee thanked the management and squad for an excellent season and also the board for support of the team and their energy required to run the club.
• All the committee were re-elected.
• Membership remains unchanged at £10 or £20 for a family. There is a reduction for single under 16 membership. With all the benefits on offer £10 has to be good value, so why not join.
There was considerable debate which the committee appreciated and the meeting closed with thanks to all who attended.